- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs matcha green tea powder
- In a bowl, whisk the 4 egg yolks thorough, then mix together with 1/2 cup whole milk and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Heat the mixture in a double-boiler and stir frequently to avoid clumps. Cook over medium heat until you achieve a custard-like consistency. (I actually used too much milk, and it took too long for my mixture to thicken so I ditched the double boiler and heated the mixture directly in the pot while stirring VERY vigorously.)
- Remove the custard from the heat. Mix in the remainder of the whole milk. Add in the green tea powder.
- Allow the custard to chill in the refrigerator overnight
- Don't forget to freeze your ice cream maker bowl as well!
- The next day, take your custard mixture and mix in the heavy cream.
- Put the entire mixture into your ice cream maker, and allow to churn until you achieve a soft-serve ice cream consistency.
- Place ice cream in a freezer-friendly container and freeze for several hours before serving.