Translate

Friday, March 13, 2015

Abalone Awesomeness in under 1 hour!

Did I mention already how much I love my pressure cooker? I'll say it again! I LOVE MY PRESSURE COOKER! Today I decided to try something new and pressure cook Abalone! If you don't know what it is, it's one of the best tasting mollusk you'll ever have. I consider Abalone to have a very similar strong natural flavor to Conch! This is a very simple recipe but full of flavor and it's very fool proof! It will not be chewy or mushy at all; just perfection. Here's what I did. Share if you like it! =)

Voila!
Ingredients:

Chicken Stock
Fresh Abalone
Cooking Oil (used Avocado oil)
Carrots
Green Onions

Instructions:

1)  Rinse the Abalone with running cold water


2) Shuck your fresh Abalone from the shell; simply treat it like scooping ice cream and you want to apply force on the shell as you scoop the Abalone.

Scoop it out!
Tada!
2) Heat your pressure cooker on HIGH  and splash cooking oil and chicken stock high enough such that it covers at least half of Abalone when it's submerged


3) Now dice some green onions and carrots when the broth has started boiling



4) Gently place the shucked Abalone foot side down and pressurize!

Abalone just chilling away
5) Set timer for 1 hour


6) Once 1 hour has elapsed, serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment