Translate

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but please HOLD the raisins!

I love oatmeal cookies.
I love chocolate.
I can't STAND raisins.

Therefore, I must make my own oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips.  What's more to be said about these delicious morsels that also happen to be packed with good fibers?  You will not only be able to enjoy these amazing, soft, chocolatey, raisin-free cookies, but you will also find yourself to be much more "regular," if you know what I mean. Please share if you love Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies! =)


Ingredients:
1/2 cup of butter (1 standard stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt (optional; I accidentally used salted butter instead of unsalted butter so I left this out)
1.5 cup quick oats
1+ cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet preferred)

Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 375F

1) Cream your butter with your brown and white sugar until you get a nice crumbly mixture.
2) Stir in your egg to get a creamier product, then add in your vanilla extract.
3) Sift together your flour, baking soda, and salt.  Then add your dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
4) Stir in your oats and mix well (but don't overmix! Make sure you just get the ingredients evenly distributed but avoid over-mixing as this could flatten your cookies)
5) Stir in your chocolate chips (I use closer to 1.5 cups of chips because I love chocolate!)
6) Make one tablespoon ball of dough and keep them an inch apart on the cooking sheet



Bake for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment