Translate

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Local Favorite Taiwanese Breakfast

If you aren't familiar with Taiwanese breakfast, it can easily be summed up to this: cheap, fresh, daily-made, bread stuffed with more bread, cold or hot soy beverage, and dumplings! It's really quite simple but when done right, it tastes absolutely amazing. This is what I would consider a hole-in-the-wall spot because of how small it is and cleanliness and comfort isn't their strongest point. It's so small that they have someone working on making the dough outside the restaurant.  This place serves cheap and delicious food. Yes, that's right, I said those two words in the same sentence. I wish United States was like that but sadly this is where Asia reigns supreme. You can basically get full with spending less than 5 dollars USD. Most of their items are either 1 USD dollar or less. It's basically 30 TWD to 1 US dollar.

I ordered the mandatory Fried Savory Doughnut served on a Sesame-sprinkled bun and a cold sweetened Soy drink. I also wanted to taste how their "Xiao Long Baos" dumplings would taste and let me tell you, I personally think the ones served here are better than the ones at Din Tai Fung. Shocking! I know but I'm sure others might agree with me on this one. It was simply more juicy and had more flavor but the wrapping is a little thicker so there was a drawback but it was relatively minor complaint to me. We also ordered a pork bun just because...I kind of LOVE to eat and wanted to try EVERYTHING on their menu if I had an infinite stomach!

Definitely recommend coming here to get some authentic Taiwanese breakfast!

Name: 永和豆漿大王 (sorry no English name)
Address: 106, Taiwan, Section 2, Fuxing South Rd, 102號永和豆漿大王
Google Maps: Click Here!!! 

Store Front


Where the magic happens!

So cheap!


Huge Xiao Long Baos

Infamous Carbs wrapped around more Carbs


So juicy!

Pork bun


Chefs hard at work





No comments:

Post a Comment