Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Lean Mean Green Machine - Apples n Kale

Time to get my greens in for this week in liquid form that is! I have a juicer that extracts the juice and filters out the fiber/pulp. I bought 3 batches of Kale and used 6 Red Delicious Apples in my recipe. Generates about 6 cups. I tried Granny Smith Apples before but it was too tart for my taste. For a better idea on the ratios, I measured how much each produced in liquid respectively.


With 3 batches of Kale, I generated about a little over 10 fl oz / 325mL.
With 6 Apples, I generated about close to 30 fl oz / 900 mL.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Red Delicious Apples and Kale

Juicer

Remove the seeds, they have Cyanide in it!!!

After 3 batches of Kale juiced!

Kale volume from 3 batches of Kale

Apple volume from 6 Apples

End Product!


No comments:

Post a Comment