Translate

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Ribeye Steak - Sear and Oven method

I have an electric stove so I'm unable to invest in an actual cast iron skillet so I got the next best thing, non-stick grill pan! I have always wanted to get nice "grill" marks on my steak but could never do it because I have no place for an outdoor BBQ grill. I bought a Calphalon nonstick round grill pan to grill my ribeye steaks today and the results were pretty good. I was aiming for medium-rare but got closer to medium instead but practice makes perfect right? Here's what I did...

Ingredients:

2 ~1lb of Ribeye Steaks (just under 1.5" in thickness)
Fresh Thyme sticks
Cooking Oil (used Avocado oil)
Butter
5-6 cloves of Garlic
Coarse Salt
Coarse Pepper


Instructions:

1) Take your steaks out 2-3 hours prior to cooking it to let it come down to room temperature
2) Season generously your steaks with coarse salt and pepper


3) Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F)
4) Heat grill pan to medium-high and splash some cooking oil
5) Once grill pan has reached medium-high heat, throw in the garlic cloves and thyme and let it roast


6) Now throw in your room temperature steaks onto the grill pan
7) Throw in about 1 inch block of butter over it



8) Set timer to 2-2.5min a side if you want Medium and 1.5-2min a side if you want Medium-Rare
9) Constantly baste your steak with a spoon using the butter/garlic/thyme mixture.


10) Once both sides have been seared, quickly sear the edges as well
11) Throw the grill pan into the preheated oven and set timer about 3 min


12) Once time has elapsed, let your steaks rest for ~5 min for the juices to seal back up.



13) And consume! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment