Translate

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Delicious Domestic Beef and Weird Stuff Grilled and in a Stew!

We were walking around the Dontonbori area which is a very food centric area in Osaka for a place to grab lunch. After browsing around many shops, we decided on this place! Unfortunately I don't know what the place is called but I took a picture in front of the restaurant for reference! I also captured the approximate location of where it is.

Store Front
 This place served Wagyu/Domestic (black cattle) beef to grill and it was super fatty and delicious. Keep in mind that because it's so fatty that you don't need to grill the beef for too long or you'll overcook/waste them! They used some coal I believe as the heat source for the grill. I tend to prefer beef to be cooked medium-rare. 
Mmmm...reasonable set
Domestic Beef Set
Weird Cuts Set (intestine, stomach, heart, ???)
Tasty Morsels
 We also got a stew with random pieces of meat that aren't commonly eaten in the United States. We probably got stomach, intestine, throat, and crotch? I saw penis on the menu but hopefully we didn't order that hahaha. I'm very glad that I kept an open mind about it because the stew was mindbogglingly amazing. Full of flavor and had a very rich taste to it but at the same time not overpowering to my palate and relatively clean taste. Only minor inconvenience I had was that people are permitted to smoke inside. I'm not a smoker nor enjoy the smell of it as it tends to give me a headache so aside from that, everything about this place was perfect!

Stew of Weird but Super Tasty Stuff
Stew after the flavors are all Fused In
Epic Stew!
This place is worth a try! Let me know if you have been here before!

Google Maps: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment