Translate

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Smoked Salmon and Turkey Formaggio Penne

I miss Asian Western pasta dishes so I went to my nearby grocery store to grab simple ingredients to make this dish. It's really easy and the bulk of the cooking time is cooking the pasta as the meats are already smoked and ready to consume.

I'm really starting to like this pasta sauce which is called Formaggio. It consists of Tomato, Ricotta, Parmigiano, and Reggiano. It resembles the Rose sauce which is a mixture of Red Tomato and Alfredo sauces.

I always love Smoked Salmon with my pasta and I was still craving the Smoked Turkey drumstick from Disneyland and was so glad they had it in my nearby grocery store.

Ingredients:

1 Smoked Turkey Drumstick
Slices of Smoked Salmon
Pasta of your choice (used Penne pasta)
Dried Parsley
Sauce of your choice (used Formaggio)




Tips to cooking pasta:
  • add some salt in the water
  • ensure ratio of pasta to water is at least 1 to 1.5, you want to be boiling pasta not cooking/braising it
  • add some cooking oil in the water as well
  • most importantly, taste couple noodles before fully straining it to ensure it's cooked exactly to your liking as the timing on the pasta packages are not always accurate

No comments:

Post a Comment