Translate

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Delicious A La Carte Korean BBQ

I usually have been going to all you can eat (AYCE) places to get my Korean BBQ cravings but I thought I'd change it up on my recent visit to LA which is known for their huge Korea town. The place I went to had a huge crowd outside with a ton of Koreans so this should be good/legit. I had to wait close to an hour to get seated here but I'd say it was worth it but of course I would try to beat the rush hours to avoid waiting this long for my meal going forward.

This is an A La Carte Korean BBQ where they specialize in premium quality cuts of meat (mainly Beef and Pork) and the servers do all the cooking for you. Be warned though that Korean BBQ don't usually have the best ventilation systems so avoid wearing nice or clothes that are extremely absorbent to smoke from the grilling of meats/fats.

Store Front
Name: Kang Hodong Baekjeong
Yelp: Click Here!
Google Maps: Click Here!

Prime Rib Eye

Marinated Pork Collar


I decided to try one Beef and one Pork cut which were the Prime Rib Eye and Marinated Pork Collar respectively. When it comes to grilling there's just something magical with Beef that I don't quite get with Pork. Aside from the price difference, the Prime Rib Eye simply tasted amazing and better than the Pork Collar. It was so marbling and flavorful because it was a Prime grade.

I didn't know that there was an actual authentic way of eating Korean BBQ or if it is just nice marketing on their part but these were the steps to eating Korean BBQ.

1) Mix their Baek Jeong Secret House sauce with Wasabi
2) Consume lettuce salad with Baek Jeong Secret House sauce
3) Grab the veggie salad with Baek Jeong Secret House sauce and eat with the grilled meat
4) And repeat!

Have you tried this place before? Know a place that's better? Let me know!

As always, don't like food, LOVE IT!! Cheers!

How to eat Authentic Korean Style

Flavor Enhancers
Steamed Egg

Medium Rare Prime Rib Eye


Marinated Pork Collar

Indirectly Grilled Eggs


No comments:

Post a Comment