Translate

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Perfect Golden Crispy Pork Tonkatsu in Kyoto

Japan is not like many train stations around the world. Not only are the trains bullet trains and not only are they super on-schedule all the time but they also serve great tasting meals. There was a whole floor dedicated to dining and I came across a place that had a pretty long line so I decided to try it out. They are renowned for their perfect golden crispy Pork Tonkatsu.  For those that don't know what is Pork Tonkatsu is, it is a pork chop that has been breaded with flour, egg and Panko (Japanese bread crumbs) that is deep fried. The sauce you dip the pork in tastes like a thicker version of the Worcestershire sauce (BBQ sauce). My meal was served with barley rice, miso soup, pickled vegetables, and thinly sliced cabbage. I got the Sangen Premium Tenderloin Cutlet set. Please Share if you love Pork!

Sangen Premium Tenderloin Cutlet Set
What I love about Japanese foods is that it requires some work to eat your food. We were provided a Mortar to grind the fresh sesame seeds into a powder form to mix with your BBQ sauce which is then used to dip your pork to consume.

Grinding Sesame Seeds



This has a special place in my heart or shall I say stomach! Would come here again in I'm in the area!

The Lineup
Front Entrance
Name: Katsukura Kyotoekibiru the Cube
Address: 901 Higashishiokojicho, Shimogyoku | TheCUBE 11F, Kyoto 600-8216, Kyoto Prefecture

Google Maps: Click Here!
Website: Click Here!

Store Sign

Menu
Sauces!
Miso Soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment