Translate

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Epic Tsukemen Ramen at Rokurinsha

Situated somewhere on the basement floor of the busy Tokyo station lies one of the best Tsukemen Ramen I've ever had so far. Tsukemen is a Japanese noodle dish consisting of ramen that is consumed after first dipping it in a separate bowl of soup. There seems to always have a lineup regardless of how late or how early you arrive; it's honestly that good. Just when you thought you could beat the system, there's a ton of other locals and foreigners alike that are trying to do the same thing as what you're doing.

Tokusei Tsuken
I ended up ordering the most expensive item on the machine since I didn't want to settle for anything less after waiting for over 30 minutes. It was the one that was priced at 1050 YEN which has the addition of shredded pork in the broth. The noodles were cooked perfectly "Al Dente" - nice and chewy. I don't usually praise much with how noodles are cooked but boy it was perfection. I don't know if anyone could master what they did to it. The broth was made of both chicken and pork bones with many dried fish flakes (bonito, mackerel, sardines). It also had green onions, fish cake, a slice of Chasu (fatty braised pork) and seaweed. There was also what I believed to be some sort of dry fish powder which gives it a very fishy flavor to the broth that I never had tasted ever before and it surprisingly works very well together.Without hesitation, I would come here to eat my Tsukemen when I'm in the area.

Ramen Vending Machine
Egg soft-boiled to Perfection!
Store Front
Name: Rokurinsha Tokyo Tokyo Ramen Street
Address: Tokyo Station Ichibangai B1, Tokyo Ramen Street, 1-9-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
Google Maps: Click Here!
Website: Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment