Translate

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Freshest Oysters ever!

On my recent visit to the Bay Area, I decided to head north and head to the highly recommended Tomales Bay Oyster Farm. Apparently it can get pretty packed during the weekends but luckily enough since I went during a rainy weekend so many might have ended up cancelling their trip as it's like another 1 hour north of San Francisco.

I came only slightly prepared as I brought my own oyster shucker but ended up having to purchase coals and a lighter to grill the clams and oysters we bought. Majority of the oysters were eaten raw though just because it was so fresh. Let me tell you earlier in the weekend I tried some raw oysters at a restaurant and this was magnitudes better in taste, size, and price. The ones I had I swear tasted very salty and metallic in taste. The ones at Tomales Bay Oyster were sweet, plump, and full of desired natural flavors and most of all not salty or metallic in taste.

I will without hesitation come here again in my next visit back to the Bay Area; it's really quite the experience and nice scenic drive to get to the destination. Share if you like this post! =)

Name: Tomales Bay Oyster Company
Yelp: Click Here!
Google Maps: Click Here!
Address: 15479 Hwy 1, Marshall, CA 94940

















No comments:

Post a Comment