Translate

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

One of the best Spicy Red Beef Noodle Soups I've ever had...

This was the first time I got to go to Taiwan where I could dictate what to see and do and of course eat! The main food item I wanted to experience from this trip to Taiwan was a simple bowl of beef noodle soup. It sounds very simple but it takes a lot of work to have the noodles cooked perfectly, beef slow cooked to perfection with full of flavor, and a great broth that isn't too bland nor too salty. I think I found the place.

Unfortunately, there was no English name but usually the hole in the wall places are the legit ones and they don't really have a strong desire to attract foreign visitors.

This is the name in Chinese: 老王記牛肉麵.
Address
  • 台北市中正區桃源街15號
  • Taipei, Taiwan 100
Phone+886 937 860 050
Website
http://tw.ipeen.lifestyle.yahoo.net/shop...
 Google Maps: Click Here


And here it is. Perfection in one bowl. Meat was so tender although looks are deceiving as even initially I thought to myself that this meat looks kind of dry but good thing you should never judge a book by its cover. It was really tender and full of flavor. The noodles were cooked perfectly (not over or under cooked).  This bowl cost about 180 TW dollars or basically $6 USD. It was well worth the price.

Store Front

Store Front Different Angle



No comments:

Post a Comment