Translate

Thursday, June 19, 2014

One of my favorite desserts....Egg Tarts!

I don't usually crave desserts too often but when I do, I will give in to Egg Tarts!! I will almost never refuse to consume one of these morsels when it's fresh and ridiculously cheap! The place I'm talking about resides in Hong Kong and it's in the Wan Chai district. It's oddly placed with other neighboring shops that sell fresh/live seafood. You need to absolutely make a visit here just to get an Egg Tart. It's piping hot and you can choose between two options: Cookie-based or Fluffy-based Egg Tart. There's no right or wrong choice so I'd suggest trying both kinds so you can judge for yourself on which one you would prefer. I'd personally choose the Fluffy-based Egg Tart because that one takes more skill to create compared to the other. Fluffy based has lots of layers in its crust giving that unique texture and taste that is not found in the Cookie-based one. If not done right, it could be pretty disastrous. Cookie-based is easier and safer to bake than the other. For only $3 HKD dollars or less than 50 cents USD, you can get one! It's so good that I usually eat two per visit!

Luckily this place has an English name!

Name: Sakurashima Bakery
Address
  • Shop B, G/F, 55 Wanchai Road, Wan Chai
  • Hong Kong
Phone+852 2891 6268
 Google Map: Click Here!

So Piping Hot that you need to wait for it to cool down before consuming!

Cookie-Based Egg Tart

Fluffy-Based Egg Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment