Translate

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tsukiji Fish Market!

The Tsukiji Fish Market in Japan is the largest wholesale fish and seafood market in the world but unfortunately access to the inner portion of the market is no longer allowed and only the outer portion of the market is available to visitors after 9:00am. Here you will get a glance of a lot of fish and seafood that you have never seen before let alone seen alive! It was quite the experience!

On your way to the front entrance of the market, there were lots of colorful and must I say hilarious cartoons to illustrate the Dos and Don'ts at the market.











If seafood was really that fresh of course I would like to purchase/sample them while I'm there and so I did just that! There was a huge scallop that was in a shell that I was not accustomed to seeing. I asked my local friend to ask them to open it up for me and clean it so I could eat it! It was sooo fresh!

Although I didn't get the opportunity to check out the infamous Tuna auctions which start at like 5am! I still got to see a lot of fresh Tunas on display in the outer areas of the market. This really was quite the experience and definitely worth a visit. Only thing I regret from this visit was to buy an authentic Japanese knife! I need one to slice my sashimi when I'm back in the USA. Next time I'll be back for it for sure! They also have some restaurants slightly outside the market where they serve the fresh fish and seafood from the market.The below pictures are just a tiny glimpse of what you can see here! Check it out!

Google Maps: Click Here!










No comments:

Post a Comment