Translate

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Super Fresh 8.5 lb Baja Hiramasa aka Yellowtail!

I got a huge surprise this morning after being told that the smallest fish they had was an 8.5 lb one :( I was too committed to not get it so I just gave in and got it. I'll be needing a lot of help to finish this fish! I got it from my favorite seafood wholesaler Catalina Offshore! I basically wanted to make sushi and sashimi, pan sear some of the fish, and make a soup with the fish head and the bones! One of the other reasons why I wanted to get a whole fish was because I always wanted to try fileting a fish by myself. It's actually quite fun and a lot more difficult than I thought. With some practice, hopefully I'll get better at it!

Nicely Wrapped

Yellowtail!


I'm still alive!

Off with its head!


Portioned

This will be used for sashimi!

This will be used for sushi!


Cheers!
Pan Seared with Cilantro and Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment