Translate

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sushi Week continues with Sushi OTA (Part 2)

Continuing the remaining orders from the lovely Sushi OTA!

If you haven't seen the first part it's right here: Click Here!!!

Sea Eel (Anago):

This is the first time trying the Sea Eel. I have had fresh water Eel (Unagi) before and both are pretty good. I usually prefer salt water seafood/fish than fresh water. I felt it had a more natural light and sweet flavor than the fresh water Eel as evident with the use of very little Terakyaki sauce on it. The fresh water Eel usually are drenched with a lot of Terayaki sauce which looks to be used to tone down the super rich and oily flavor it has. This is worth a try. I am a little surprised at how the fresh water Eel is more costly than the Sea Eel though.


Giant Clam (Mirugai) also known as Geoduck Clam:

This is the one that looks like a... male genitalia if you ever seen the clam in its natural form. Don't be alarmed though, I'm just describing the shape of it! You aren't really eating that part of the seafood.. :)
I enjoyed this sushi, very fresh and is super bouncy in texture! Flavor is pretty subtle but I enjoy it none the less. Texture is kind of like something between a cucumber and squid.



Orange Clam (Aoyagi) also known as Surf Clam:

Don't be confused with the other surf clam which is bright red and very chewy. This is different! It's pretty similar to the Giant clam in texture and has a nice sweetness to it.


Golden Eye (Kinme) Snapper:

I think this was my first time having the Golden Eye Snapper. It was lightly seared on the flesh and on the skin. This was bursting with natural flavor. I think this was one of the highlights of my meal that night! This is a must-try! I'll probably be ordering more of this next time.



Hmmm.. I still have more to share but looks like I'll need to have a Part 3 for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment